This policy may change as we update and develop our activities and projects. Updates will be posted to this page on our website and we may inform you of changes by email where appropriate.
This policy explains:
• What information we may collect about you
• How we may use that information
• In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
• Your rights to access the data we collect about you
How we use your information
We collect your email address from the email you send to us originally for specific contracts. We only hold email addresses in our database for people who have previously opted in to be contacted by us regarding the following:
• General announcements about Carol Johnson Consulting CIC as an organisation
• Announcements specific to a project or contract that CJC is undertaking
• Opportunities to get involved with the work CJC is doing
How we collect information
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
• We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
• We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
• In order to improve our website, we may analyse information about how you use it and the content that you interact with.
• We may use the information we collect to help us to understand your interests and preferences. We may also use publicly available information about you from sources such as public registers, online (including records that you have made public on social media), or the electoral roll. This information helps us to communicate with you in a relevant way, in particular when we are approaching you about potential opportunities.
• In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details below. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely, and respectful. For email communications, we use your opt-in consent to be contacted in this way on a legal basis (for example, when you email us your details). We will give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving our email communications every time we contact you. Alternatively, you can use the contact details at the end of this policy to let us know if you no longer wish to hear from us.
Under no circumstances will we ever sell personal data to anyone.
CJC’s website uses Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and does not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This data helps us analyse webpage usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to our audience needs. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what you clicked on.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you visit by installing a browser plugin here.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected. Please email email@example.com if you would like to exercise this right.
Contact details and further information